Monday, April 5, 2010

A love letter to my unborn daughter

Edited version

Dear Madi,

I know your Dad will be an awesome father; he is such a gentle soul and is so hard to upset. He loves the beach and speaks about taking you snorkelling with him as soon as you can swim. I think he will pass his love of the ocean onto you. If you want to see your Dad happy, take him down to some gullies or a beautiful river and let him explore the world underwater. He loves it! I hope you will too?

I dream you will be happy, feel loved and free of any unnecessary pressures. School can be so tough, trying to fit in – just be you. Don’t be afraid to be friends with the kids who are “a little” different, who march to their own band. Be different yourself, question and trust. Don’t worry if you like purple ribbons in your hair or stripy socks. The world needs colourful people and I hope you will be one of them. Please read a book called “Mister God this is Anna” by Fynn. I hope you will be a little like Anna. Loving life, seeing beauty everywhere, especially where other people don’t and daring to challenge beliefs (in a gentle, soft way of course) and seeing the magic and beauty of life in the simplest of situations, those moments are all around us.

Well my little Madi, for now I must rest. You are making me want to go to bed really early these days... not that I mind.

Together we will sleep until we meet.

Much love to you my sweet - my angel -

Your mumma XX
P.S Your Dad’s favourite song when he thinks of your arrival into this world is “daughter” by Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment