Saturday, May 15, 2010

A cure for colic!

I have been quiet for sometime now...  rocking, soothing, trying to understand my colic baby.  My medicine cupboard has grown to the extent that I could open a small pharmacy and yet I still I had a bawling baby until I came accross the most important find of my life, a book by Dr Harvey Karp.  A pediatrican and child development expert and a nationally renowned authority on breastfeeding.

"The happiest baby on the block" - The new way to calm crying and help your baby sleep longer, has changed my life overnight!  I have NEVER read a book so fast.  His advice calms your baby in minutes and you can start implementing his 5 "S's" method straight away.   My biggest regret is that I did not discover this book earlier. 

Please, please read this book if you have a colic baby, or if you want to know how to soothe your child. 

"There is nothing quite like watching Dr. Harvey work wonders on a screaming baby.  He's not a pediatrician, he's a magician.  Every time I bring my kids in to see him, I walk out wishing he was their father."  - Larry David, star of Larry David:  Curb your enthusiasm and co-creator of Seinfield.

Yours in mothers trying their best

1 comment:

  1. Gosh Claire - you now have personal experience of surviving the first few months of motherhood and certainly impart sound advice. What a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete