After much research and a terrifying allergic reaction to Nan milk formula, I started my Madi on puried pear. According to my naturapathic friend, contrary to what most people believe, fruit is a great food choice to start as a solid. I know there will be raised eye brows followed by, 'be warned they will develop a sweet tooth' - well rubbish, they wont. Fruit is one of the puriest forms of food you could offer and they will still enjoy vegetables. Carrot being the first. Well cooked.
I was surprised to learn that in Holland fruit is also the 'norm' first food. She is 5 months and 3 weeks old and I think it is going well. It didn't go quite as I expected (and her Dad who couldn't wait to feed her), gulping down one delicious mouth full after another, but rather like a slow exploration of tongue and flavour. 2 spoons being an awesome achievement, just once a day.
Tomorrow, Paw Paw.
If you have decided to do the 'jar' root - Olli is recommended as the puriest. Keep some in your cupboard as back up. Available at Pick & Pay and Woolies.
But most of all have fun!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment